2012年4月30日星期一

The Return of Scutt

After yesterday's word-up jaunt at D&G where I started digging around my brain for memories of C&A letter clothing and jumping about to Kriss Kross, I now go back a bit to a rather more refined aesthetic memory, which I only saw depicted on soap operas and films where earrings were big and shoulders were bigger.  LFW saw the return of Danielle Scutt back to the runway with a collection that focused largely on a jewellery collaboration with Freedom at Topshop.   I'm of course elated that Scutt is back as her ferocious approach towards power dressing is always slightly intimidating to me and challenges my own perceptions of clothing that empowers women.  This time round,coach outlet store online, I even have more cause to be scared because despite the fact that the jewellery has teapots, lipsticks and ears dangling about, of course the barrier is a) I don't have pierced ears and b) metal that isn't pure silver/gold gives my skin a rash. 

So this is entirely a selfless post for those whose ears can jingle and jangle with this range of jewellery that will be hitting Topshop stores on the 1st April which in essence means that the focal point of Scutt's A/W 11-12 collection will be available to the masses fairly soon.  I find it quite refreshing to see these collaborations become the centrepoint of a collection and that the selling date is closer than the normal 5-6 month lag. 

Not that Scutt's clothes aren't the perfect backdrop for the bevy of bling.  Hot pink,coach handbags wholesale, lattice work,Replica Radar Sunglasses, crushed velvet and gold lame make up the textures that will have you recalling the 80s but they make a welcome return in Scutt's context where she is referencing anything from Frida Kahlo to Ray Petri's 'Buffalo' style.

I bunged in the video at the top as well as some of my catwalk images just so you don't mistake the earrings for being wimpy sized.  These are MAHUSSIVE earrings that properly dangle. 

IMG_4522

DSfreedom2reduced DSfreedom3reduced

 

IMG_4527

DSfreedom4reduced DSfreedom5reduced

There are a few pieces I can get on board with without my ears pussing such as Scutt's intention to bring back the chain belt, which when paired with an excess of other jewellery can only recall that slinking image of Ines de la Fressange walking Chanel, holding a cigarette looking intimidatingly angular. 

IMG_4533

IMG_4574

DSfreedom1reduced

IMG_4536

IMG_4544

Yup, these are platinum lock earrings...

DSfreedom6reduced

IMG_4564

IMG_4568

IMG_4577

I'm also intrigued by the shoe clips which I saw on the catwalk though in the production process, these could have turned into another pair of earrings.  If they're clip on maybe I can still fashion them into shoe clips for a pair of lippie adorned shoes...

IMG_4583

DSfreedom7reduced

没有评论:

发表评论