2012年5月14日星期一

Searching for The Bottoms

>> This will be a random tidbit nestled in amongst sun-drenched posts from Istanbul which I may be a little slow in getting up given that photo sorting out on my laptop that is threatening to break (shit fabric plasters are holding it together...) is a pointless task.  However I just wanted to use it as a selfish excuse to belatedly and officially (because if I type it on the blog, it is of course FAR more official than an in-person thank you...) thank Angie Johnson aka the friend I should have met LONG LONG time ago, for taking me around Montreal thrifting at a) St Eustache flea market (pics below)

just outside of the city and b) Value Village which might make some people roll their eyes like "Well...DUH...we all shop there..." but for me Replica Dispatch Sunglasses, of the UK where there isn't reallly an equivalent, it was a bit of a revelation.  I also just wanted to put a BIG FAT LINK in here to Angie's Flickr album of her wedding photos.  She married Tyson back in July and the whole affair was just a DIY, thrift Monster Beats, creative endeavour from the fabric bunting to her $5 wedding dress which of course makes me feel small and stupid for not thinking of all the little things that she incorporated into her special day.  There are 1,386 photos...YES, 1386...

So big fat link is here... in bold no less... Angie and Tyson's Lovely Lush Wedding...

I'm not even gonna post any here just because I can't even begin to select from 1,386 so I'll just leave you to click click click...

DSC_1821 DSC_1823

DSC_1824 DSC_1825

DSC_1827 DSC_1828

DSC_1830

The consequences of the flea market visit and the Value Village hunt unfortunately didn't score me a stuffed beaver coming home with me or a nice bit of furniture (honestly, the most painful thing about flea marketing abroad is the inability to buy homey things...).  Nay... instead I ALMOST hit my tenner outfit target with these outfits.  $10 for a total outfit is a bit optimistic so I was going for £10 instead - at least the exchange isn't $2=£1 so the disparity isn't as great.  I therefore got a plaid jacket for $2.99, a shirt for $5, a knitted top for $2 and a pair of boots for $3... making $12.99 all together.  Except there were no bottoms in that mix and therefore not a complete outfit.  Booooooo...

Still, Value Village definitely had all the options available to do that outfit challenge QUITE easily monster beats pro, in contrast to charity shopping in London where outfit for a tenner is wishful thinking (shirt for a tenner perhaps?).  It needs some meticulous rail combing and I'm convinced I'm now going to have to make trips up to that particular branch if I'm ever there again or even if I'm just in that general geographic scope.  If only just to nab some form of bottoms just to prove my tenner-outfit point...

DSC_1938

DSC_1952

DSC_1961

DSC_1959
(Worn with erm...some bottoms that don't fit in my tenner-outfit mould...some Heikki Salonen trousers...)

没有评论:

发表评论